Bitter Sweet Symphony - The Verve
This song starts with a simple classical melody played on the violin, soon accompanied by drums which modernises the tune. The violin theme plays repetitively throughout the entire song which is effective and gives a sense of classical music in the background. The repetition lulls me into a hypnotic perception and I feel calm when I listen to this. The music builds and crescendos throughout the song and the echoing voices at the end feels mesmerising and captivating. This piece of original music engages aspects of classical music but elements such as the drums and voice give the contemporary feel of modern music.
I love this song! Thanks for introducing me to it and its so interesting to read about the history behind it and all your other posts! :D
ReplyDeleteI love how in-depth your appreciation of the song is! Keep posting!
ReplyDeleteVery interesting critique. Do you know the link between this song and the Rolling Stones song Last Time?
ReplyDelete